IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT SHIPPING
- Due to special handling requirements, you must select Awesome Aquifer Shipping if you have ordered an Awesome Aquifer.
- All items will be shipped on the next business day after your order is placed.
- Due to COVID and other restrictions, NGWA is currently NOT shipping to the following countries: Australia, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Brunei, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Cuba, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Liberia, Libya, Martinique, Mongolia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Reunion, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Samoa, Sierre Leone, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, and Yeman.
Groundwater and PFAS: State of Knowledge and Practice (downloadable PDF)
This guidance document, created by 36 NGWA volunteers who spent 1100 hours on it over 12 months, is a comprehensive eight-part piece exploring the potentially hazardous, and widely discussed, compounds in groundwater and soil.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) are a class of manmade chemicals persistent in the environment and in the human body. They are widely used to make products more stain-resistant, waterproof, and nonstick.
NGWA published the document to identify the known science and knowledge related to PFAS. It summarizes the fate, transport, remediation, and treatment of PFAS, as well as current technologies, methods, and field procedures.
The document features eight sections:
- • Section 1 — Introduction (click here for a free preview)
- • Section 2 — Glossary
- • Section 3 — Human and Ecological Impact
- • Section 4 — Fate and Transport
- • Section 5 — Field Sampling and Analysis
- • Section 6 — Legal and Regulatory Issues
- • Section 7 — Risk Communication
- • Section 8 — Remediation and Treatment.
2017 / 124 pages
This is a downloadable item. A link will be provided on the confirmation page and on the receipt sent to your email address.
Please select DOWNLOAD as the shipping method if this is the only item ordered.
Downloadable items are nonrefundable.
NGWA member — $0.00
Nonmember price — $150.00